- In Osaka City, the Jukudai-Josei-Jigyō (塾代助成事業), meaning “After-school Activities Subsidy Program” is offered to about half of junior high school students.
- The aim is to support families with children in reducing expenditures on studies outside of school such as Juku (additional tutoring), sports and cultural lessons. Students under this program have the opportunity to further develop their academic ability, motivation to learn, individuality and talent level.
- If a decision is made to grant a subsidy, the Osaka City Government will send by post the Osakashi-Jukudai-Josei Card (大阪市塾代助成カード), which is the subsidy card for after-school activities. It can be used to deduct up to 10,000 yen of educational fees per month.
Notice: An application is required for eligibility screening.
1) Persons who are bringing up junior high school students living in Osaka City
2) The fixed total income amount of parents or guardians must be less than the income limits listed in the “Table of Income Limits” below.
|Number of dependent relatives||Income limit amount|
|6 or more||If number of dependent relatives is 6 or more,
add 380,000 yen per additional person
- It is not necessary to calculate your income. After the arrival of your application form, the Osaka City Government will examine your tax roll, basic resident register and other official documents during the screening process.
- Persons who currently receive public assistance pursuant to the Public Assistance Act on the date of filing the application also is eligible for this subsidy program.
- Prepare the Osakashi-Jukudai-Josei-Card-Kōfu-Shinseisho (大阪市塾代助成カード交付申請書)
application form, and also provide ID photo of the student when applying for the first time only.
※Application forms are sent to your house by the Osaka City After-school Activities Subsidy ProgramThe application forms are also available to download.
Secretariat which is known as Osakashi-Jukudai-Josei-Jigyō-Unei-Jimukyoku (大阪市塾代助成事業運営事務局).
Applications can be accepted anytime. In case you need to obtain application forms, please contact the Secretariat
(Inquiries are only accepted in Japanese).
- Fill in the application form, stamp and/or write parents' or guardians’ signatures on the form.
- After completing application form, please send it to the Secretariat (a postage stamp is needed).
- For persons who receive their grant subsidy decision notice which is the Osakashi-Jukudai-Josei-Card-
Kōfu-Kettei-Tsuchisho (大阪市塾代助成カード交付決定通知書), they will also receive their subsidy card and password.
How to use the Osakashi-Jukudai-Josei-Card (subsidy card)?
- ①The subsidy card is valid for use only at the registered educational companies.
- ②To confirm use by the appropriate persons, the subsidy card and password must be shown to the educational companies every month.
- ③The subsidy card can be used to deduct up to 10,000 yen of educational fees per month.
Osaka City Government will make subsidy payments directly to the educational companies.
- ④The subsidy card must be renewed twice a year. Password is updated once a year.
How to search the registered educational companies?
https://www.juku-osaka.com/class_search/top.html/(In Japanese only)
Business hours: Monday-Saturday 12:00 to 20:00
(Closed on Sundays, public holidays and substitute holidays, and the New Year's holidays from Dec. 29 to Jan. 3)
Inquiries are only accepted in Japanese. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Osaka City After-school Activities Subsidy Program Secretariat
Osaka-Kita Post Office, Japan Post Co., Ltd
Post Office Box #435
To confirm the details of this program or to ensure the accuracy of the contents of this translation, please check the original Japanese document.